Graduate Student Board
The graduate student board is a department service organization composed of five senior graduate students. The board plays an important role in sustaining a positive community by welcoming new students and engaging continuing students in department events. Participation in the board is a good opportunity for senior students to round out their resume so that it includes each of the professional dimensions of teaching, research, and service.
The board has the following duties:
- Plan a social event for all graduate students each spring and fall.
- Assist in welcoming prospective students in the spring and newly enrolled graduate students in the fall.
- Meet with the DGS as needed to communicate concerns relating to graduate student life.
A new board is selected each year as follows:
- Nominations for the board will be solicited from the students and faculty. Self nominations are encouraged.
- If there are more than five nominees, a run-off election will be held.
- Eligible board members are 2nd-year (or greater) students
- Board members shall serve from August to August of each year.